At Blue Raster, we pride ourselves in developing applications and tools that help our clients solve, clarify, and visualize many of the world’s critical challenges. Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us create innovative and modern web and mobile applications. You will be taking an active role in developing the full stack, bridging the gap between the front-end elements and the server-side infrastructure. You will be responsible for how the application looks and functions. The successful candidate will be both independent and collaborative, and possess the desire to continuously learn and teach others about the newest technical advancements. You'll work with a talented team to deliver engaging web and mobile mapping applications that have a direct impact on our clients and their global missions.
- Inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement
- Continuously educate yourself and others on the latest developments in the industry
- Ensure your technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Write clear, maintainable and high-performance code
- Effectively debug new issues within a production system
CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A passion for web development
- 1-3 years experience with React, Redux, Express
- Proficiency with front-end development technologies: HTML5, CSS3
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, e.g. Gulp, NPM and Webpack
- Understanding of AWS technologies like S3, SQS and EC2
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits
- Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
We also provide opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education.
Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world. Apply now to join our team of exceptional people!