At Blue Raster, we pride ourselves in developing applications and tools that help our clients solve, clarify, and visualize many of the world’s critical challenges. Since 2002, we’ve partnered at the senior level with leading global organizations, helping them share their unique stories through the powerful visual medium of interactive maps. Join our team and work on projects that help our clients tackle some of the world’s most challenging issues!
We’re looking for a Solutions Architect to play a key role on our team. We are currently seeking an exceptional person with IT architecture and enterprise experiences. Our Solutions Architect must demonstrate strong leadership, project management and organizational skills. You’ll be working alongside analysts and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our web and mobile applications. You'll also be working closely with our clients by demonstrating solutions, answering questions regarding software capabilities and requirements, and working to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle.
- Design overall architecture of the web application
- Project planning, developing IT solutions, managing routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Estimate project budget and timeline
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Assist with implementation of SQL Server database architecture and SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Build workflows for data connectivity for web application via Node.js and Express.js
- Optimize performance of data access to provide rapid analysis results to application
- Assist with the implementation of full-stack middleware such as logging and analytics
- Effectively debug new issues within a production system
- Assisting clients in maintaining their IT Infrastructure including server back-ups, disaster recovery
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience architecting and developing web and mobile applications
- 3+ years of experience using Amazon Web Services
- Clear understanding and emphasis on customer-centered usability and design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong experience working with the following:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SQS, VPC, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch)
- Microsoft Azure
- Databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL/MS SQL)
- Windows, Linux servers
- HTTPS, REST API’s
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
- Understanding of large, high performance, highly scalable, highly resilient cloud-based architectures
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Git, Jenkins
- Proficiency in micro-service design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
- AWS Certification
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Server
About the Blue Raster Team
Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits
- Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
We also provide opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education.