We are looking for a Geospatial Analyst who is passionate about delivering projects with a positive impact to join our team in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will be both independent and collaborative and possess the desire to continuously learn and teach others about the latest technologies. Experience with the Esri suite of tools is key. You'll work with a talented team to deliver engaging web and mobile mapping applications that have a direct impact on our clients and their global missions.
- Developing and maintaining Python packages for GIS analysis, data management, and visualization workflows.
- Working with clients to acquire and process data and setup MXDs
- Work closely with other analysts, Project Managers, and the development team.
- Provide guidance on GIS applications, including but not limited to ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online, and extensions.
- Data mining for existing, industry-standard national, state and local datasets
- Preparing GIS data for use in web mapping applications (especially ArcGIS Online & ArcGIS Server/Enterprise and Portal for ArcGIS)
- Testing interactive web mapping applications and providing feedback/bug reports to the development team
- 2-4 years of experience working in the GIS industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of ArcGIS 10.5 +
- ESRI suite experience ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS Server), ArcGIS Portal
- Excellent Python development skills: Professional experience writing custom scripts
- Experience with some or all of the following python libraries: GDAL, Numpy, GeoPandas,
Pandas, Rasterio, Shapely, R-tree, Fiona, Boto3, and Requests
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL Server, PostGreSQL)
- Experience with ArcGIS Image Server, GeoEvent Server, XML, .NET and ArcGIS Add-ins a plus
- Ability to participate in a fast paced, highly collaborative, team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Keen interest in learning new technology (especially interactive web mapping applications)
- Coursework in Geography/GIS or related discipline; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States, we cannot sponsor Visas
Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits
- Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
We also provide opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education.
Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world. Apply now to join our team of exceptional people!