At Blue Raster, we pride ourselves in developing applications and tools that help our clients solve, clarify, and visualize many of the world’s critical challenges. Since 2002, we’ve partnered at the senior level with leading global organizations, helping them share their unique stories through the powerful visual medium of interactive maps.
We are looking for a GIS Analyst to join our team in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will be both independent and collaborative and possess the desire to continuously learn and teach others about the newest technical advancements.
- Working with clients to acquire, create and analyze data in Desktop and Web GIS environments
- Data mining for existing, industry-standard national, state and local datasets
- Preparing GIS data for use in web and mobile mapping applications (especially ArcGIS Online & ArcGIS Server/Enterprise)
- Testing interactive web mapping applications and providing feedback/bug reports to the development team
- Assisting in the general workflow of building interactive web mapping applications – including reviewing wireframes, design, and project scheduling
CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
•1-3 years of experience working in the GIS industry
•Demonstrated knowledge of ArcGIS 10.6 + and Spatial Analyst tools
•ESRI suite experience including ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise
•Experience manipulating and writing custom Python scripts (scripting beyond map automation)
•Experience working with relational databases
•Experience transforming tabular, non-spatial data into geospatial data
•Ability to participate in a fast paced, highly collaborative, team environment
•Strong oral and written communication skills
•Keen interest in learning new technology (especially interactive web mapping applications)
•Knowledge of SQL, .NET and ArcGIS Add-ins a plus
•Coursework in Geography/GIS or related discipline; equivalent experience will be considered.
•Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. We cannot sponsor H1B Visas.
About the Blue Raster Team
Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits
- Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
We also provide opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education.
Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world. Apply now to join our team of exceptional people!