Power BI Developer
At Blue Raster, we pride ourselves in developing applications and tools that help our clients solve, clarify, and visualize many of the world’s critical challenges. Since 2002, we’ve partnered at the senior level with leading global organizations, helping them share their unique stories through the powerful visual medium of interactive maps.
Blue Raster is seeking an experienced Power BI Developer with 2+ years of professional experiences with Power BI and data analysis. This position will mostly focus on data analysis and production efforts in support of an international project focused on ending the HIV epidemic (and other GIS related projects) in our Arlington, VA office. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to work in an exciting multi-disciplinary environment among a team of talented and dedicated professionals in a variety of fields including Health, Conservation, Government, Global Affairs, and Education. The position offers great potential for professional growth and the opportunity to deliver engaging web and mobile mapping applications that have a direct impact on our clients and their global missions.
- Building enterprise models using Power BI desktop
- Develop tabular, multidimensional models compatible to warehouse standards
- Develop self-service models, data analytics using power BI service
- Develop, publish, schedule reports and dashboards to meet business requirements
- Assist on functional and data requirements to enhance data models
- Requirement analysis, design and prototyping
CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- BS in computer science, information system or similar
- 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack - dataset ingestion, data model creation, reports, dashboards, KPIs, Power BI Pro features, workspaces, security, etc.
- 2 years of experience with self-service analytics tools (Power BI)
- Knowledge of R, SAS, STATA and or/SPSS
- Interest in data visualization, dashboards and mapping technologies: Experience with Esri ArcGIS or geospatial technology a plus
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States, we cannot sponsor H1B Visas
- Some travel to Africa and/or Asia may be required
Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits
- Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
We also provide opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education.
Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world. Apply now to join our team of exceptional people!